Scams have become a part of every kind of industry now. Swindlers and scammers are devising new plans everyday to make away with your money in one way or the other. The carpet cleaning industry is no different. There are scammers here who would take your valuable rugs for cleaning and never come back. Therefore, you need to be careful that you don’t fall as an easy prey in the hands of the scammers.
In Houston, you are going to see advertisement of the carpet cleaners everywhere around. Some of this ads offer to clean all kinds of rugs at very low price. Yes, it could be a very good opportunity to save money, but more likely as not, these so called cleaners are actually in the lookout for good expensive carpets that they can sell at high price in the black market.
Or if they are not trying to steal from you, they will clean your carpet very poorly, or have some hidden costs that you have to pay etc etc. You do need to conduct a little research before you decide to get your carpet cleaned, what would it cost them, the chemicals, the shampoo, and the other stuffs that are needed for cleaning carpets. If they are charging only the material cost than how they can pay their workers. They are not in the market to give free services, they are here for making profits, and the unethical carpet cleaners’ best way to make profit is by bait and switch techniques.
A reputed carpet cleaning Houston company has to pay their workers, has to keep equipment in good condition, has to buy materials that are needed to clean the carpet, they have to pay taxes and insurance and also for their infrastructure. That’s why companies charge you reasonable money that’s enough for them and not too much for you, and in return they provide you the best cleaning in a very professional way.
Carpet Cleaning Scams
A ‘switch and bait’ method of scam is the way by which the scammer offers a cleaning package at a very attractive price. So, the customer i.e. you ask them to come clean your carpets. So, after they come, they would say that the package that they were advertising for is not applicable for you. So, for a proper cleaning of the carpet you will have to pay more money. Dealing with a reputed carpet cleaning Houston professional means you will get an estimate as soon as you call them.
There is another way too, they would charge you for everything they will use including their gas charge to reach your door. But most likely they will use inferior quality material and charge you for high quality ones. So, you can add up and see how much more you are going to end up paying them, and not only that, your carpet wouldn’t be clean at all and mostly they would leave it wet and go. Good companies can’t afford to do these as their reputation will be ruined if they try to do anything like this with the customer.
And the worst kind of scam is outright stealing of your expensive handmade antique rug. There is no question of that happening with reputable carpet cleaning Houston pros. Even if your rug is slightly damaged during cleaning, these companies have insurance to pay you for the damage.
How to avoid the carpet cleaning scam?
Just a little bit of care and you can avoid them:
- Don’t trust a price tag which sounds, “Too good to be true”.
- Go for reputed companies who has professionally trained employees who would be giving you the best cleaning and services.
- Do make sure that they are certified by IICRC.
- Read reviews of the company that you are going to hire for cleaning your carpet. Companies have a website where you can go and find reviews.
- Commercial Cleaning
- Finding Carpet Cleaning Professionals in Houston
- Floor Cleaning Houston including Tile, Stone and Grout Cleaning
- Free Quote
- Free Quote
- How to Avoid Carpet Cleaning Scams
- How to Pick the Right Choice for Carpet Cleaning
- Rug Cleaning Houston Services for Area and Oriental Rugs
- Tile and Grout Cleaning
- Tips in Selecting a Professional Carpet Cleaning Service
- Understanding the Different Methods Used in Cleaning Carpets
- Upholstery Cleaning Houston Including Your Mattress
- What is the Best Carpet Cleaning Method?